The Monsalves Yaris Diaries
Life is so difficult sometimes, especially when you are forced to travel to Argentina and Chile:)
The full, but abridged, story is that Cristian got the job of his dreams (www.azuredynamics.com) working with Hybrid and Electric Vehicles BUT his visa did not transfer - ahhh!! After a few days in crisis mode, meeting with immigration lawyers, we determined that the best course of action was for Cristian to return to Chile and reapply for his visa. Now most of you may be wondering how that was possibly the best course of action, but allow me to skip to the happy ending...he submitted forms online, traveled to Chile, interviewed at the US embassy in Santiago and 3 days later had the new visa in hand - yay! So that was the business part of things, but naturally I could not pass up such an opportunity to travel back to South America and visit friends and to-be family, hence the pleasure part.
I flew to Argentina, where I met up with Cristian and his dad to visit Cristian's younger sister Pam, her man Walter and thier two adorable, funny, smart and sweet children. I'll let the photos speak of the fun and love and good times.
We had such a wonderful time but alas, time was limited and we had to retrieve a visa. So we drove across the continent, from the Pacific off La Plata Argentina, across la pampa of Argentina...
over the cordillera during sunrise....
and into the vinyards and mountains of Chile.
All in our trusty little uber-efficient Yaris!
All in all, a fanstastic, fun, fruitful and family filled adventure.

1 Comments:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I`m in your blog!!!....I can`t believe it!....soon to become a world wide known person!....
It was so good to have you both here....as short and good as only a dream can be......
we`ll miss you `till we see each other again......JULY!!
LOOOOVVEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home