Too Long
Wow, I am such a slacker...it has been way way too long since I have posted and my whole world has been mixed around and placed me in an unexpected place (at least unexpected for me) - I am nowhere exotic, but my life feels very different. I am starting to accept this as the condition of the 20s person - the constant state of change. It is really crazy to go through it and so fascinating to watch my friends go through the same tumult on a different trajectory, but overall I think its all great.
Headlines are….
Laura and Aaron Get Hitched
Oh yeah, did I mention that, La and Aaron got married. That was fun. It was somewhat consuming but overall a great joy. I think the moment that will always stick with me was one not captured by a camera but instead by my heart. After the spa morning preparation, all the ladies and bridesmen came together in the master bedroom of Oaklands to bustle about La as she dolled up. I must say I was astonished and impressed with how cool and calm she was – she is my personal dalai lama. Just before the big moment, everyone cleared out of the room and it was just my mom and La and I and we all looked at one another and smiled. We then held hands and closed our eyes. It was such a powerful moment; I could feel the love and strength and security and love coursing through our connection. I felt like my whole body was smiling and I felt tears well up, but they we tears of overwhelming joy. That moment is forever imprinted on my mind and my heart. The vows were beautiful as the baby eagle soared by, and the posed pictured were punctured by unusual trampoline moments, and the music was perfectly timed the whole night (playlist preprepared by La and Aa and played on the iPod – impressive). We naturally danced up a storm and had a glowingly fantastic time, and at 3:30 in the morning, after the bride and groom had gone to bed, I felt that my duties as the maid of honor were completed when I thwarted the cow-tipping expedition. If you would like to see lots more pictures click here. All in all it was marvelous. Cristian Comes to Beantown
That’s right boys and girls, my man is here!!! Can you believe it? I know that I cannot and he has been here for over a month now. Actually I will not lie to you, he was not that psyched to come here at first, this is not to say that he does not love me, because the mere fact that he came is testament to him loving me, but lets face it, our country does not have the best reputation these days. But the part that makes me smile the most is how happy he is here – “Its like a dream” – as he said. I am not sure which he is more excited about; living in the Burnes house with the coolest parents ever; working in a great company with literally the nicest group of people I have ever met; buying a “dream car” a slick black 1996 BMW; or being with me. I’d like to think that I am the best part but I am up against some stiff competition. But overall I am feeling so lucky to be able to have my cake and eat it too. Speaking of which, I completed a quarter century last month and it passed without much fanfare, which after all the events of the summers, was fine by me. But I got lots of emails and calls on the 18th, so I felt sufficiently loved – not to mention having received my love in Boston less than a week before. All in all going glowingly. Full Time Broadband
I have fully covered the personal and familial, but not yet the professional. I am now working for the John Adams Innovation Institute, the innovation economy development arm of the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative. Everything should be completely clear to you now…just kidding. Essentially, the section of the “innovation economy” that I am working on is Broadband. I am working through some grants and lots of collaboration to get broadband (better than dial up or satellite internet connection) to all of MA and as part of this working with municipal wireless initiatives around the state. As you can see, it’s a bit abstract, but it is really interesting and I work with a great group of people. Our department recently sent out a digital newsletter, which is really pretty and speaks best to what I have been doing, and even though I just got there, I am already in 2 photos! I’m famous! Check it out. All in all I am really happy even though 1 year ago I NEVER would have predicted being where I am right now, but I suppose that is the 20s state of being. Who knows where I will be 1 year from now, but I promise to update you before then with more enticing blog entries.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home