Batchelet Patriots Nomad
Well my people, my candidate won, despite my not being able to vote. Yes that is right, Chile now has a female president and not just a female president, but one with a socail conscience, that is a single mother and a doctor and a politian with a heart. Here is the NY times article if you want to read more. I am so excited, its so cool. She beat out the big businessman too which is so awesome. It is really incredible the trend of female leaders around the world right now, I am so excited for us, I think there might be hope. If only we could get the US on the right track, I mean a female president would be rocking, but at this point I´ll settle for anyone who has slightly less of a resemblance to a retarded monkey, backed by a satanesque creature and supported and defended by a mulatto robot - sorry I am a bit bitter. But no more, because I now live in a coutry with a promising economic and political future and its great!
On a sader note, the Pats shit thier pants this weekend. I have not been able to watch the Pats this year and have only seen the past 2 games, because I went on a mad hunt for them, but wow I was ashamed this weekend. I had to talk this team up, both to my boyfriend and to his freinds in order to get them to watch it and give me the oportunity to watch it, and it I was ahsamed. I have never seen Brady throw so horribly, what the hell happened?!? The only logical explanation to me was the altitude which I am sure was a factor, but come on boys, buck up, this is the playoffs. But alas, we cannot be perfect every year, perhaps this is the off year, next year they will have to show thier true face, none of this losing in the playoffs crap.
And lastly, I am now a nomad. I have my stuff scattered all about in storage and in suitcases and I am more or less on vacation. I still have 3 days of class left in January, but hardly what I would call real work. And starting in February I will be doing some real traveling, into Argentina and Bolivia to fry in the highlands and trek through salt plains, and then I will be heading south to cool off and hang out with my buddy Jill who is currently planning my master itinerary of nature tours at the tourist agency she is working at. I will be sure to post tales and pictures as I go.

3 Comments:
Yes, do not forget about us, your loyal blog followers!
I also wanted to share your Patriotic disppointment. I have been woefully lacking in Patriots all season, and the first time I sit down to watch a whole game it's a pathetic, bumbling mess that only serves to further justify my friend's term for the sport, "idiot rugby". Damn.
Addie,
I know that I haven't replied to your blog yet. but I have a good excuse: it is censored by the chinese government. No shit. Not because you wrote sensitive things, but because the chinese government is very concerned about these blog type things and they censor this entire hosting service's blogs. nonetheless, this has been my first chance to read your lovely posts. I think I noticed a call from you right before I left China but you never seem to be on skype when I'm awake. That's right, by the way, I'm in the land of plenty--america. It is very nice after all this time. I'll be in Boston and NYC starting next week. it won't be the same with out ya.
damn right, my broncos beat your patriots.
too bad they proceeded to self destruct this past weekend against the steelers.
I'm happy your candidate won the election, though I think I may have chosen the billionare dude over her, just because chile is on a real financial turnaround now, and I really hope they start growing economically in a serious way, which they are definitely poised to do. I am a bit worried, that while this new president will be a good populist and person, she won't be as capable at running the economy as her opponent. What do you think?
send me an email some time. I miss ya
dan
Yes Miss Adele, It appears as is your patriots could not handle the might power of my Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too bad we sucked it up against the Steelers. Miss you and hope all is well. I really enjoy reading your posts so keep it up!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home