Los Lobos and La Desembocadura

Jill and I have found a fantastic friend who loves to take us everywhere we want to go in his car. I think he does this primarily because he is in love with Jill, but we are all good freinds and have a blast together, he calls us "mis burras gringas" which means "my stubborn gringas". But he loves to bring us to beautiful places around Concepcion and this weekend he decided that we needed to go to 2 incredible spots on the coast. Now as I told you before, the coast here is a wonderful mix of rocky shores and pebble and occasionally sandy beaches.
First he brought us to Los Lobos which is a neighborhood of Talcahuano, a suburb of Concepcion. The neighborhood was a bit shaddy but in a car with John, we were fine. In Los Lobos is a park along the coast with a large open field overlooking the ocean and then the coast drops drastically to the ocean with rocky shores jutting into the ocean. It was so beautiful and tranquil and surprisingly for Chile somewhat clean with lots of natural forrest. There was actually a park ranger and a group of ecologists attempting to reforrest the area with native trees. Given that the whole area around here has been taken over by the forrestry industry, it was quite refreshing to walk through a forrest in which the trees were not in lines, and in which there was a variety of tree/plant types and at different stages of growth. We also discovered a little pebble beach that we had all to ourselves it was exqusite.


Next, John took us to La Desembocadura, which translates to the Mouth of the River and it is where the Rio BioBio enters the ocean, check out the panorama.

It was an incredible spot with a jet black beach and a few exciting rock outcroppings puncturing the horizon and providing fun places to scale and reflect and pose on. I blame John because he used to be an underwear model, but I started it becuase the backdrop was just so beautiful that I wanted to have some fun taking pictures so we had a little model shoot it was fun. But the beach was incredible, the only sad part about it is that Chileans have no respect for their nature and they leave trash everywhere! It was so sad to look at this incredible spot with black sand and it was just covered in trash. But we had fun, and ended the evening with some Chinese food, lacking dumplings since they dont know what there are down here!?! but good food nonetheless.
Aren't John and Jill so cute
Yeah we're hot
Don't worry we didn't climb this rock to take the pictures, we climbed another, but I just love this photo with the rock and lighting and the ocean, it makes me happy, this image is on my desktop right now

1 Comments:
Yay! I knew you'd crack eventually - happens to the best of us :) Can't wait to hear all your stories, miss you!
Post a Comment
<< Home